What is a Project?
A project is an ACTIVITY that is carried out for a known NEED and it BENEFITS the recipients or enhances a program. ALL projects must have PRIOR approval by motion, second, and majority vote at a meeting.
Service programs are divided into five categories:
Child Welfare--A project benefiting children ONLY
Community Service--A project benefiting adults only or adults & children
Hospital--Projects at VA hospitals, community hospitals, medically staffed nursing homes.
Americanism--Projects promoting patriotism & citizenship and/or to bring cheer to active military personnel
Scholarship--Promotes learning and higher education, providing funding to established scholarships, other assistance to encourage education
AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary Department of NY Binders are currently for sale.
Copy of the National Manual
Copy of the National Constitution
Copy of the Department By-laws and Standing Rules
Binders are available for purchase for only $30.Please contact President Laura Rose Bugaj or Parlimentarian Rosalee Waid for Details!!!
Congratulations to Auxiliary 19 for Winning the 2017 AMVETS National Ladies Auxiliary Patriotic Vest Contest!"
2018 Trivia Questions
If the answer is True, simple submit your answer and where it was found.
If the answer is False, provide the correct answer and where it was found.
1. True of False: Each Aux must file 2 copies of the Annual Revalidation Form with the Department Secretary 10 days prior to our convention
2. True of False: Each local Aux shall be entitled to 1 delegate and 1 alternate for the first 10 members whose dues are paid 2 months prior to the date of the convention.
Fill in the Blank and include where your answer was found.
3. The Department will assess of a fee of _______ for incorrectly written check.
4. Each Local Auxiliary is required to have _____ number of trainings, every ______ number of years.
FALL DEPARTMENT WIDE SERVICE PROJECT
Friends of Our Troops
Friends of Our Troops are a Not for Profit organization that has been in operation for 50 years. They distribute cards and letters from the public to U.S. Military and Personal active overseas and in hospitals.
This year AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary Department of NY will be writing Holiday Cards to be distributed through Friend of Our Troops.
On the inside of a holiday card, write a greeting and sign the letter from your Auxiliary (you may include your name as well if you’d like)
On the back of the card, include your Auxiliary’s address, as if you were addressing to top left corner of an envelope (if you have, you may also use pre-printed address labels)
DO NOT SUBMIT CARDS WITH ENVELOPES
Bring completed cards to the Fall SEC or mail to Laura Rose Bugaj, 53 Davey St, Buffalo, NY 14206.
Copyright © AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary Department of New York
* March 6-10, 2018 Spring NEC & Silver Helmet at BWI Marriott, MD
* March 23-24, 2018 Spring SEC at Hilton Double Tree Inn, Binghamton NY
* June 7-9, 2018 NY Annual Convention at Hilton Double Tree Inn, Binghamton, NY
* August 5-13, 2018 National Convention at Caribe-Royal Hotel, Orlando, FL
* October 5-6,2018 Fall SEC at Hilton Double Tree Inn, Binghamton, NY